Sunday, July 1, 2012

Quick Re-think....

I am not one who likes unplanned changes in my classroom!!! So on the last day of term, when a telephone technician turned up and installed my new classroom phone I was a little on edge. Very glad that I now had contact with the outside world from the boundaries of my classroom, but distraught that the 'only' place in the room to install this new piece of technology was right in the middle of the class manipulative/computer area. Really???? Computer dislodged, shelving moved, wall hangings loosened, but at least he 'attempted' to make it look half decent... see, new phone on top shelf...
So this has boosted me along rather quickly to re-think the configuration of my classroom (yes, mid year!!!) And no, the phone can't be moved or wall mounted at all (asbestos in the building, so no drilling, nailing etc to be had).
And, at the same time I inherited this 'lovely' filing cabinet - is it just me or is this colour strange???

So, as a teacher, we always have a Plan B tucked up our sleeve...
The end result is using my holidays to first of all come up with Plan B, and to repaint the cabinet. It is in really good condition, and a quick coat of spray enamel should liven it up for a deserved spot in the room - extra free storage, who will turn that down based on colour????
The 'new' section of class will be set up later this week, after the filing cabinet has dried off and been transported back to school. Looking forward to sharing it with you all......

1 comment:

  1. Changing my classroom up mid-year scares me, too! Here in the States we are out of school for about the next month or so. In the meantime, I'm planning for my classroom for this upcoming school year. Thanks for stopping by my blog...
    -Claire
    Special Speckled Eggs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a message. And please remember to 'play nicely'...