Thursday, July 19, 2012

Newbie Blog

A Blog Hop for newbie teachers....just in time for me!!! 




This excellent idea has come from  
who is hosting the hop.

All you have to do is share a little information about yourself so that the rest of the teacher blog world can get to know you better!

1. What state country you are in ...
Well, I live in the sunny state of Queensland, Australia.

2. Your current teaching position ...
This year I am teaching a Year 1 class, which are 6 to 7 year old children. Last year I had a Year 3 class. 

3. Your teaching experience ...
My teaching career has all been in what we call 'lower primary', that is, Year 3 and under. Though I did do a few years in Special Education.

4. When you started blogging ...
I started this teaching blog only a few months back. After seeing such wonderful, creative blogs and ideas out there I just HAD to join in - you all know how it is!!! Once the blogging bug bites there is no return...

5. Share a blogging tip/ blogging resource ...
So hard to share a tip with being so new to this obsession. But the blogs I admire are the ones that reflect the owners passion to teaching, their enthusiasm  shines through the words, and is contagious. Then on some level they encourage me to follow the evolution of their classroom, or resources throughout the year. The best blogs are written by teachers who work hard and obsess about teaching. And this list of brilliant bloggers in the teaching world is endless ...

So time for me to check out the other newbies around the globe, and hopefully you will 'Hop-across-the-pond' and visit my little new blog.

Looking forward to meeting everyone ... J




10 comments:

  1. I am SUPER excited you joined this Newbie blog hop! And, apparently I am very naive about blogging---didn't even realize we might have some international bloggers! It truly is the world wide web!!!
    Grade Three is the Place for Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Janis, for the welcome! It's amazing just how far and wide your teaching blog travels...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love your boggle board. I am making one of my own for my room!

    Heather
    The Busy Busy Hive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My class just love it - there are some great ideas on Pinterest for boggle ...

      Delete
  4. Hi J,
    I'm your newest follower from the Newbie blog hop! I'm excited to hear about teaching in Australia. Hop on over to my blog when you have a chance.
    Corinna
    Teaching Fabulous Firsties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,

    I'm your newest follower from the Newbie blog. I found you because you found me. :-) Thanks for following me. I didn't realize how exciting it would be to have "followers".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found your blog thru the blog hop. I'm so excited to read more & to be one of your newest followers. :)
    Marisa
    http://mstinezskids.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog & commenting!

    Following you :)

    Cait
    Sliding into First!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found you through the newbie blog hop. I am nominating you for a blog award. Stop by my blog to pick it up.

    Thanks,
    Christine
    Tales From Rm 17!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad I found your blog! I'm also glad that we share the same name, although I mostly go by Judy. My dad is the only person that has ever called me Judith. Glad to be your follower!

    Judy
    Teaching Little Apples

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a message. And please remember to 'play nicely'...