Thursday, September 27, 2012

Sshhhh! It's Secret Student time...

Don't you just love it when a linky party takes off, and all the super teacher ideas from around the globe are at your fingertips!!! 
...initiated a Behavior Linky Party, the ideas that have been posted are incredible...and you can cruise through the ideas at any time you are in need of a little extra help with that one child in your class.

I am not a teacher who has time to reinvent the wheel, so when I see something fantastic I like to run with it.
And that is exactly what happened when I was reading Stephany's post, 
Positive Behavior Rewards at ...
Pop straight over to her blog and read up on how she incorporates this simple reward system into her class daily....
Now that you are back, I will continue. Stephany posted that she was offering a copy of her Secret Student Cards for free.
But sadly, us Aussie teachers spell several words differently to our teaching  counterparts over 'The Pond', and the word behavior is one of those (I even have trouble typing it your way). Behavior to us is spelt Behaviour. Could I be so bold to ask Stephany to change the spelling???? You bet! And she did! What a  super teacher to do that.
So a big thanks to Stephany! I now have my her Secret Student system all ready to go, starting after the holidays - yes, I am on two weeks mid semester holidays at the moment. 
To make this 'really' work for my class (and me!!!) I have it all up and ready to go, with minimal effort required each day.  
Things need to be organised for me, so I have a document folder (labelled) and all of the little certificates printed off, cut out and named ready to be stored in the folder.
Inside the folder I have a checklist of names so that I know everyone has a turn...all I have to do each morning is pop a little certificate in the container. How easy is that??? A solid little addition to my already working behaviour program...
And I even found the exact same container that Stephany used - at IKEA! Wonder who will be my first Secret Student????
Just remember, if you are ever in need of fresh behaviour ideas, click-on over to ...
...and see who can help you...last check there was a generous 84 teachers offering up their tried and proven BehavioUr Management ideas...

2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! I love how organised you are Judith! I have emailed and asked for a copy with "behaviour" also!

    Thanks for sharing how you set it up in your classroom! I don't need it this year (I have been blessed with an amazing group of kiddos) so am looking forward to using it next year!

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really great idea! Don't forget, you are featured tomorrow on my blog!
    :) Dana
    Fun in First Grade

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a message. And please remember to 'play nicely'...